- Our Mission
- Personal Accounts
- Business Accounts
- Investor Relations
- Find Locations
- About Southern
- Contact Us
Homeownership is at the heart of the American Dream and housing is at the heart of rural development.
- Promotes strong families.
- Encourages people to invest in communities.
- Increases standard of living.
- Decreases population out-migration.
- Increases the property tax base in rural communities, which bolsters local government and public works.
- Increases asset levels and equity, spurring additional investment.
Southern works with local communities, other not-for-profit organizations, government agencies, health-care providers, private businesses and neighbors to develop community-based housing projects. Southern has built or renovated 175 quality, affordable rental housing units for low- and moderate-income residents.