- Our Mission
- Personal Accounts
- Business Accounts
- Investor Relations
- Find Locations
- About Southern
- Contact Us
Commercial Loan Officer I-Clarksdale
Company: Southern Bancorp Bank
Classification: Full time
Location: Clarksdale, MS
The Commercial Loan Officer I manages a variety of commercial loans in compliance
with bank loan policy and regulatory requirements. This position also develops new
customer relationships and maintains a positive presence in the local community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the loan policy and procedure statement and comply with all provisions.
- Assist commercial loan customers with the loan pplication process and ensure the confidentiality of all information provided by applicants.
- Perform thorough analysis of proposed loan feasibility by analyzing customer’s financial records, cash flow, collateral valuation and credit history. Understand and document the specific purposes of the loan, the source and plan of repayment, and all back-up sources of repayment.
- Decline or approve loan requests based on sound analysis and bank loan policy.
- Prepare detailed and organized loan proposals/credit memorandums for all loan approvals. Communicate with customer for additional information as necessary and when loan decisions are final.
- Make loan referrals to Southern affiliates when appropriate.
- Complete loan set up sheet for loan documentation staff and assist in obtaining necessary documentation for loan closing.
- Review and approve loan closing papers.
- Achieve and maintain required loan portfolio balance and yield as directed by Senior Management.
- Service loans as needed including making site visits to loan customers to periodically evaluate collateral, checking floor plan loan inventory, and reviewing loan agreement covenants to verify borrower compliance. Monitor loans for credit risk changes and manage past due loan payments, including pursuing collection of past due and charged off loans.
- Review NSF list and approve customer overdrafts.
- Review and approve general ledger entries.
- Supervise loan assistant and/or junior commercial loan officers.
- Develop new business, maintain professional network, and establish favorable presence in local community by participating in civic organizations and community activities.
- Participate in a team effort to cross-sell bank and affiliate products and services.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Two to four years of commercial lending experience.
Demonstrated proficiency in banking compliance issues is required.
Computer literacy and the ability to effectively communicate with employees and customers.
Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and maintain a valid driver’s license.