- Our Mission
- Personal Accounts
- Business Accounts
- Investor Relations
- Find Locations
- About Southern
- Contact Us
Local Organizations Receive CDFI Funds
Several organizations in the Federal Reserve’s Eighth District states are among 73 recipients of federal Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFI) Fund awards.
In August, the CDFI Fund awarded $26,373,900 to organizations across the country that serve economically distressed communities, including:
- Enterprise Corporation of the Delta, Jackson, Miss., $585,000;
- Federation of Appalachian Housing Enterprises, Berea, Ky., $585,000;
- Mountain Association for Community Economic Development, Berea, Ky., $585,000;
- The Illinois Facilities Fund, Chicago, Ill., $585,000;
- Southern Financial Partners, Arkadelphia, Ark., $585,000;
- Dallas/Fort Worth Capital Fund, Jackson, Miss., $100,000; and
- Kentucky Habitat for Humanity, Louisville, Ky., $99,895.
These institutions are certified by the CDFI Fund as community development financial institutions or CDFIs. They provide capital, credit and basic financial products, such as savings and checking accounts; and technical assistance, such as financial education, to community residents and businesses.
For a list or other information regarding these awards, visit the funds website at www.cdfifund.gov.