- Our Mission
- Personal Accounts
- Business Accounts
- Investor Relations
- Find Locations
- About Southern
- Contact Us
Brief Summary: Provides prompt, efficient, and friendly services to customers, involving receipt and payment of cash, and to recognize customers’ needs with suggestions appropriate to the Bank’s services. Follows the established policies and procedures for this area, in accordance with the Bank and the supervisor’s direction.
- Processes night deposit and mail-in deposits.
- Maintains proper cash level in drawers, keeps cash secure, and maintains a high level of safety for the Bank. May service ATM according to schedule or need
- Opens safety deposit boxes
- Completes CTR reports as needed
- Performs duties of branch CSR on scheduled Saturday rotation
- Accepts checks for cashing, receives checking and related accounts; accepts deposits, verifies cash and endorsements, makes change, and issues receipts
- Receives savings deposits, pays withdrawals after verifying balance and signature; redeems U.S. Savings Bonds
- Receives loan payments when installment loan coupon accompanies payment
- Process credit card cash advances
- Responds to customers’ inquiries as appropriate
- Sells cashier’s checks
- Cross-sells bank and affiliate services
- Performs various balancing functions, including ATM.
- Completes all required training.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Education & Other Skills:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus prior cash handling or banking experience is required.
- Must be able to perform all over-the-counter customer services.
- Must exercise accuracy, alertness, good judgment, courtesy, tact, and patience, maintaining confidentiality of the Bank’s records and customer transactions.
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and maintain a valid driver’s license