Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Southern Bancorp bank routing number?
- What should I do if my debit card is lost or stolen?
- What should I do if my credit card is lost of stolen?
- What should I do if my debit card transactions are being declined?
- Where do I log in to Web Banking?
- What is my Web Banking ID?
- Lost Password
- What does “your account has been disabled” mean?
- How do I enroll in online banking?
- Why can’t I see the Enroll button?
- How do I update my browser?
- How do I reorder checks?
- How can I open a Southern Bancorp checking account?
- What do I need to open a new checking account?
- What is the Southern Bancorp Overdraft Program?
- How can I open a Southern Bancorp savings account?
- What do I need to open a new savings account?
- Do you automatically renew CDs at the time of maturity?
- What are your current CD rates?
- What can I do with a debit card?
- What are the limits on my debit card?
- How many accounts can I link to my debit card?
- How do I activate my debit card?
- How is my debit card different from an ATM card?
- How is my debit card different from a credit card?
- Why should I use a debit card?
- What is Mastercard Securecode?
- How do I enroll my debit card in Mastercard Securecode?
The routing number for Southern Bancorp is 082901334
Please call 1-800-383-8000 immediately to report a card lost or stolen. Live support is available 24 hours / 7 days a week. You can also call your local branch during normal business hours.
Please call 1(800)558-3424. Live support is available 24 hours / 7 days a week.
If your account is still open and has enough money available to pay the transaction, call Customer Care at 800.789.3428. If the bank is closed, call (866)508-2693 to find out if suspicious transactions have been detected.
You can login to Web Banking right on the front page. It is in the bottom left corner of the large image. If you can’t see it, you may access the login page on the Online Banking Login page.
What is my Web Banking ID?
Your Web Banking ID is a username you have created to access online banking. You created it when you first enrolled in Online Banking. Due to security reasons, if you have forgotten your Web Banking ID, you can call 1800-789-3428 for assistance during regular business hours. You will be asked to verify your account information in order to obtain your username.
To reset your password, click on the link that says “Forgot Your Password?” on Online Banking Login page. If you have already tried to login too many times, and your login has been disabled, you will not be able to use the “Forgot Password” feature. Please instead call Customer Care at 1800-789-3428 during regular business hours to unlock your account.
What does “your account has been disabled” mean?
For security reasons, entering the incorrect password for online banking too many times will lock your online banking account. You will not be able to access online banking until you call Customer Care at 1800-789-3428 during regular business hours to verify your account information and unlock your online banking account.
Click on the “Enroll” link below login to go to the Online Banking Login page. Below the login form, you will see “Don’t have an Internet Banking account?” You will need to click the checkbox next to “I agree to the terms and conditions to enroll for internet banking” before you will be able to click the “Enroll Now” button.
Once you have agreed to the terms and conditions and started the enrollment process, you will need to fill out the form with your social security number, account number, birth date, zip code, and email address. If you do not have this information or it is not accepting your information, please call Customer Care at 1800-789-3428 during regular business hours to check the information.
Why can’t I see the Enroll button?
For your online safety and security, Web Banking requires an updated browser. For information on determining which version you are using and how to update, please visit our page on Online Banking Browser Requirements.
Yes, you can reorder your checks online. Southern Bancorp has partnered with Harland Clarke to provide quality paper checks for your personal and business account needs. To reorder checks, please visit: http://www.clarkeamerican.com
Southern Bancorp requires customers to visit a bank branch in person to open an account. Specific information can be obtained at a banking center, by phone or by contacting us online.
What do I need to open a new checking account?
Eligibility requirements and the required documentation to open a checking account vary by city and state in which the account is opened. Specific information can be obtained at a banking center, by phone or by contacting us online.
What is the Southern Bancorp Overdraft Program?
Southern Bancorp offers our Overdraft Privilege Program for those occasions when there are not sufficient funds in your account to pay a recently completed transaction. In those cases, Southern will advance funds, creating an “overdraft” or a negative balance in your account. The overdraft is typically repaid with your next deposit. You will automatically be enrolled in the program.
If you would like more information on the Overdraft Privilege Program, visit our Policies page.
Southern Bancorp requires customers to visit a bank branch to open an account. Specific information can be obtained at a banking center, by phone or by contacting us online.
What do I need to open a new savings account?
Eligibility requirements and the required documentation to open an account vary by city and state in which the account is opened. Specific information can be obtained at a banking center, by phone or by contacting us online.
Yes. Southern Bancorp will automatically renew the account by reinvesting funds on the maturity date, which is the first day after the term ends. We reinvest both principal and interest. You can elect to receive the interest earned on the account, a portion of the account or the entire amount of the account. The term for the automatically reinvested deposit is the same length as the previous term of the account.
What are your current CD rates?
Specific information about our rates can be obtained at a banking center, by phone or by contacting us online.
You can withdraw cash, transfer money and get account balances with your debit card. Also, you can pay for purchases using your card at thousands of merchants that accept debit cards.
What are the limits on my debit card?
You may withdraw up to $400 of your available account balance per day. For card purchases using your Personal Identification Number (PIN), your daily limit is $1,000 of your available account balance.
How many accounts can I link to my debit card?
You can link up to 15 Southern Bancorp checking and savings accounts to one card. You can name each account individually so that each account name will appear on the ATM screen for you to select when you want to make withdrawals.
How do I activate my debit card?
Just use your debit card with your Personal Identification Number (PIN) at a Southern Bancorp ATM or call this number: 866-590-4793. For your protection, your card won’t work until you perform this step.
How is my debit card different from an ATM card?
Your Southern Bancorp debit card does everything an ATM card can do and more. Not only can you use it at ATM locations, you can also make purchases with it at more than 18 million MasterCard® locations worldwide.
How is my debit card different from a credit card?
A debit card is an extremely convenient way to pay for business expenses and has many advantages over check-writing:
- Since your purchases are automatically deducted from your checking account, you have the advantage of receiving no surprise bills at the end of the month.
- There are no per-item fees for conducting check card transactions.
- Every MasterCard® transaction comes with a receipt detailing the merchant name, transaction date and amount.
- Full transaction detail appears on your monthly checking account statement.
- Full transaction details can also be viewed in your Online Banking account approximately two to four days after your transaction date free of charge (if you are enrolled in web banking).
- Your Southern Bancorp debit card can be used for Internet and phone order transactions.
- Debit cards are accepted at 18 million MasterCard® locations worldwide.
Mastercard Securecode is an additional layer of security for online shopping. Since Southern Bancorp has enrolled in Mastercard Securecode, customers who shop online with merchants that are also enrolled in Mastercard Securecode will be required to register their cards with Mastercard Securecode and enter their password to complete checkout at these merchants.
Enroll by clicking the link below.
Follow the on-screen instructions to enroll your card. Remember your password after you set it because you will need it to complete transactions with any online merchant that participates in Mastercard Securecode.
If you weren’t able to find help in this section, please contact us online or contact your bank branch by phone or in person for assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you.