It’s that time of year again. New teachers, new classrooms, and a long list of things to buy for any kid going back to school. Stay smart with your back to school shopping by following these tips from the FTC:
- Shop with a list
- Take inventory of the clothing and supplies you already have
- Involve your kids – now is a great time to talk to your kids about budgeting and money management.
- Use price comparison apps
- Consider buying used or refurbished
- Take advantage of tax-free shopping
- Ask about return and exchange policies, including sale items
- Save those receipts!
For a more in depth look, view the article from the FTC: School Shopping Can Be a Teachable Moment
Do you or your children need to brush up on your budgeting skills? Our Learning Center has many free resources and materials to teach money management at any age. Check it out!
Southern Bancorp also has credit counseling professionals in Arkansas and Mississippi ready to help you get your financials on track. Call our Customer Care Center today to set up an appointment: 1 (800) 789-3428.
Already went school shopping? Now is the time to make plans for next year. You can start saving now, easily and automatically right in your Southern Bancorp checking account with MyGoalSavings. Set your savings goal and let it automatically set aside funds until the date you specify. It’s great for Christmas shopping savings goals, too!
More school topics from the FTC that you might be interested in: